Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Feeling nothing

I just saw this secret on Postsecret, and it made me so sad.  It's the exact medication I am taking, and it has helped me so much!  I've heard people say that you might not get the right anti-depressant on the first try.  I think this person just needs to talk to their psychiatrist about finding something different.  Numbness can't be worse than depression and anxiety.  Depression and anxiety were causing me to be numb.  Medication has dramatically changed my life for the better.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you know this, but three years ago I finally confronted the depression, anxiety disorder, and eating disorder I had been trying to squash for years. I got help and my life is so much better, but it's still something I think about. Getting on medication was something that helped me considerably, so I am glad that you have found a medication that works for you. I hope that this person has the same success.

    You are so strong and so brave for deciding that you wanted help -- good luck with everything.

    Also I'm ridiculously impressed with your running ability. Sheesh. Curtis and I are moving back to the Taylorville/Springfield area and I am thinking about starting running there. I am not a runner at all, though -- do you have any advice on how to start?

    ReplyDelete