Monday, February 6, 2012

These are my confessions and other things

I will be the first to admit that this blog is a design wreck right now.  I haven't used blogger in about a year, and so much has changed since then!  Since I am currently in a place where any small amount of frustration makes me need a nap or a cryfest, I will just get straight to getting things off of my chest, out of my brain, and into the interwebs.

About me:  I believe I am a food addict.  I have recently lost about 50 pounds.  I am insecure.  I am a runner training for a marathon.  I just quit my job.  I have a wonderful husband.  I have struggled with depression since I was 15 and recently picked up anxiety issues.  I currently do not have a counselor but am working on changing that.  I think I am a pretty okay person.  I get super nervous that I am a bother to all of my friends.  In my brain, my life is in a million pieces right now, and I can't make sense of any of them.  I want to get better and words always help me.

I want to start out by saying that this is by no means an advice blog.  If you found this blog by googling "overcoming food addiction" (a google search I have tried before), do not expect to get all of the answers to your problems from me.  I can say this for many reasons, but the biggest one is that I have not figured out anything myself.  I am not a doctor, I have an AAS degree in Culinary Arts which probably makes me the last person who should be giving out advice on food addiction.  If you are trying to figure out how to overcome depression, all I can say is that if you haven't already turned to food, then don't.  Also do not be like me and be afraid to get professional help.  I am 7 years into this battle and am just now getting brave enough to do so, and I'm quite angry with myself for waiting.

Expectations you can have for this blog: poorly written posts (see anecdote about having a food-related degree, which basically makes me unqualified for anything not food-related), unorganized thoughts and ramblings, occasional motivational posts, and a lot of ups and downs.  This blog is essentially a dumpster for my thoughts.  I have a journal, but because I am a loudmouth and like to let everybody have access to my deepest thoughts so they can feel sorry for me I decided a blog would be better.

This is me.





1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for encouraging me to write about my depression (via twitter, @jessicajahnke <-- that's me). I want to start a new blog and I came here maybe for a little inspiration. Anyways, I don't know what the point of this comment is, but I like you, and I'm adding this blog to my reader.

    ReplyDelete