Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Namesake

The name of this blog deserves some explanation.  During my last weeks at the job I just quit, I switched the Sirius XM station to #28, the Spectrum.  It was the first time I had heard the song "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men.  I started to listen to the lyrics, and it was so relevant to my life right now that I started crying... at work.  Every time this song would come on, I would cry.  It's just so completely perfect. 

The lyrics that strike me the most are:

"There's an old voice in my head
that's holding me back
Well tell her that I miss our little talks.

Soon it will all be over, buried with our past
We used to play outside when we were young
and full of life and full of love.

Some days I feel like I'm wrong when I am right.
Your mind is playing tricks on you my dear.

'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore"

Please give it a listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment